By Chip Midnight
Lemmy’s been dealing with a lot of health issues in the last year so when Motorhead was announced as one of the Rock on the Range 2014 bands it was a bit of a surprise. It was announced today on the ROTR Facebook page that Motorhead (and Skindred) will not be performing at the rock festival in May.
Of course, the comments in this thread are exactly what you might expect:
- “I feel that those of us that have already bought tickets should get partial refund.” Why? Because two bands, out of something like 60, dropped off and were replaced? There’s about 20 bands playing per day at a one-day ticket is $70. Don’t worry, you’ll get your money’s worth.
- “There goes half the reason I spent two hundred dollars.” What was the other half?
- “Don’t stab me but…who is Living Colour?” Kids these days!
- “When you buy a ticket and the lineup changes you should get money back.” You bought a ticket to the festival, not to a show by a single band. Should you also get money back if it’s cold? If it rains?
- “Are you kidding me? tickets should be discounted then” Two bands drop off and are replaced. Why should tickets be discounted.
We wish Lemmy well though I tend to suspect Motorhead’s touring dates have come to an end. They might do some shows here and there, but time has finally caught up to Lemmy.